|Tuesday||11/19||12/3||12/10||12/17||1/7||1/14||1/21||1/28||2/4||2/11||2/18||2/25||180.00||185.40||3:45 pm - 5:15 pm|
|Thursday||11/21||12/5||12/12||12/19||1/9||1/16||1/23||1/30||2/6||2/13||2/20||2/27||180.00||185.40||3:45 pm - 5:15 pm|
|1 Trial Session||any day||$15.00 per session||$15.45|
|Tuesday||3/4||3/11||3/18||3/25||4/8||4/15||4/22||4/29||5/6||5/13||5/20||5/27||$180.00||$185,40||4:00 pm - 5:30 pm|
|Thursday||3/6||3/13||3/20||3/27||4/10||4/17||4/24||5/1||5/8||5/15||5/22||5/29||$180.00||$185.40||4:00 pm - 5:30 pm|
|1 Trial Session||any day||$15.00 per session||$15.45||4:00 pm - 5:30 pm|
Many players on our PSV Union FC competitive teams started playing soccer in our Academy program and “graduated” to the teams.
The PSV Union FC philosophy is based on a long term approach to development that focuses on providing top level instruction and a great learning environment, encouraging and reinforcing the importance of practice and repetition to master the fundamentals and nurturing a love for the game. PSV Union has a strong "club" model to promote this development, in which all teams, players & coaches collaborate and cooperate. Our highly qualified and licensed coaches have many years of coaching experience with all ages and levels around the world. All coaches have a strong commitment to teaching and sharing their passion for the game. Our players range in age & level from 4-year-old novices to 17-year-old Youth National team players, and we welcome players of various levels & experiences.
The PSV Union FC Academy is a year round skill development program focused on introducing the game of soccer to the youngest players, ages 4-6 and giving parents and players an opportunity to view PSV Union FC coaches at work. The players train at the same field as the older players in the club so its possible to see the club coaches in action training the older players. This close proximity also provides a strong visual for parents wishing to see what a competetrive club looks like up close.
All ambitious players at some point make the transition either directly from AYSO (recreational) to US Club/NorCal Premier League or CYSA Class 1 or 3 (competitive & select) or gradually, from novice to recreational to Class 3 to Class 1 to Premier. In each case, the pathway for elite level soccer is often confusing.
At PSV Union Academy, we provide players with the right environment from the very beginning of their soccer careers thus eliminating the need to continually move clubs, leagues or organizations.
The philosophy behind the Academy is that young players can start with the club system immediaely and follow it through their entire involvement in youth soccer. By doing this, players in their formative years can be placed in an environment that emphasizes long term player development through teaching and practice, enjoying the game, and competing without the pressure to win at young ages. Much of the material being taught will be focused on technical/skill aspects of the game and working on becoming comfortable with the ball.
Some parents may hesitate, thinking that 4-6 years of age is too young to begin participating in a focused training program. However, some of the world’s leading clubs, such as Ajax Amsterdam, Inter Milan and Liverpool FC invite players as young as 4 years of age to participate in their programs. It is important to note that this environment is focused on soccer, but is carefully managed to avoid putting undue pressure on the kids to over-train, get results, or win. Our focus is on teaching, learning and long term development.
When Academy players reach the age of 6 or 7, or whenever they are ready, they may be given the opportunity to “graduate” on to join a PSV Union competitive club team.
TECHNIQUE: Too many players are rarely if ever taught even the most rudimentary techniques and are able to achieve moderate success through shortcuts such as physical prowess. Neglecting technique prevents players from reaching the highest level their potential allows.
ATTITUDE: A young player’s attitude towards learning and improvement and towards the competitive game as a whole is essential in ensuring their success as a student of the game. Attitude will help the player achieve their goals. Similarly, a poor attitude will prevent or work against this progress.
BALANCE: Many players are focused too much on one or few aspects of the game. This all round soccer/football education allows players to enhance, develop and exploit their natural qualities, yet also develop other aspects. For example a player who is simply fast and athletic will need to develop their technical speed.
SPEED: We don’t just mean physical speed. Technical speed on and off the ball and speed of decision-making and reading the game are important attributes.
* If you wish to speak with the coach make an appointment. please do not approach a coach at practice to speak unless in an emergency. to set up a meeting contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to set up a convenient time to meet.
* PSV Academy belongs to PSV Union FC and shares the field with older PSV Union teams so it’s important that in the interest of the safety of the players and the smooth running of all sessions that parents view the practice from the neutral viewing area at the edge and not in between or on the soccer fields. Only players and coaches are allowed the field at all times.
* We understand you are keen to get as close to the action as possible however we ask that you view the session from a suitable distance. A designated area will be set up for the Academy.
* Please do not kick the ball with your children after Academy practice on the fields if the fields are still 'live' and in use.
* The blue exercise bar structure, bleachers & porta-potty areas are designated for players and coaches only.
Location: Jordan Middle School, Palo Alto
Coaching Ratio: up to 10:1
Cost: equates to $15 per session (a 3% credit card processing fee).
* payment & registration must be received for sessions PRIOR to enrollment.
* No refunds except due to special circumstances (e.g. long term injury or illness, or emergency). Make up sessions are available if advance notice is given before the absence and a request is submitted to attend an alternate Academy date (email email@example.com). Make ups are only available for the current season and credit cannot be applied to another season.
Download and complete the registration form below. Your payment is not a confirmation of participation. Upon receipt of the registration form and payment we will notify you if your child has been accepted in the session.
Make check payable to PSV Union FC or pay with credit card using PayPal service below. Mail forms and checks to:
PSV Union FC
555 Bryant Street, #437
Palo Alto, CA 94301
PSV Union FC offers Financial Aid & Scholarships. These are given on a case by case basis. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org