email@example.com for specific tryout dates & information.Call: 650-332-9869
* PSV UNION TRYOUTS ARE OPEN FOR PLAYERS NOT CURRENTLY REGISTERED WITH CLUBS. NOTE: Recreational players currently registered with other Norcal Clubs are permitted to tryout at any time.
* Players currently registered with a club who are interested in training with PSV or trying out with us before the tryout window (tryout window is May 2019) must first gain permission from their club Director of Coaching before doing so AND/OR PSV must contact their club before permitting a tryout or guest training opportunity to occur. Without this permission from the players existing club PSV cannot invite players to train and tryout.
* Players are free to move cubs whenever they choose to do so. i.e If a player wishes to leave their current club, we encourage them to finish the end of their season or whatever commitments they have agreed to with their current club. We do not wish to cause any club duress by leaving their team short. To do this players must notify their club they are no longer wishing to remain at their club.
* In accordance with US Club Soccer policy, clubs will release players who request their release from the Club.
* Clubs will not accept any Player from any other Club if that player has outstanding fees with another Club. Unpaid fees shall include fees for services already rendered and shall not include by way of illustration, fees for services not rendered, reimbursement for scholarships given or penalties
PSV POLICY :
PSV Union can sign players in mid-season should they wish to move, unless they are leaving their team roster short/if they are not causing undue hardship on their team and ability to participate in league play OR in the case that PSV and the players' current club works out a phase-out/in plan to gradually move the player to PSV. If the players' current club agrees to release player or established a training agreement with PSV, players then may sign for PSV if they wish. New players wishing to join PSV Union should complete their oblligations, including financial, to their existing team/club.
New players ONLY must submit the following:
Submit paperwork by:
PSV Union FC
555 Bryant St #437
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The PSV Union FC philosophy is based on a long term approach to development that focuses on providing top level instruction and a positive learning environment encouraging and reinforcing the importance of practice and repetition to master the fundamentals and nurturing a love for the game. We have a strong club oriented model to promote this development in which all teams, players and coaches collaborate and cooperate to ensuring our long term players' development goals are achieved. Our highly qualified licensed coaches have many years of experience with all ages and levels around the world and have a strong commitment to teaching and sharing their passion for the game. PSV Union players range in age & level from 4-year-olds to 17-year-old National team and college bound players. We welcome players of various levels & experiences!
We dont have set tryout dates. Instead we invite all interested players to attend a few practices to see if there is a good fit. Practices are a great way for kids to get familiarized with a new environment and coaching program and get to know the coaches and players, and reduces the pressure of attending "tryouts" because we treat it as a training and learning opportunity as well as a chance for our coaches to assess players. We want to see how players train and how they absorb the material being illustrated by the PSV coaching staff.
PSV Union players practice and play year-round. See this link for more details. http://www.psvunion.org/page/show/2676081-annual-calendar
BOARD & STAFF
CODE OF CONDUCT
HOSTING & EVENTS
HIGH SCHOOL POLICY
HEALTH & NUTRITION
LIST OF NATIONAL TEAM PLAYERS
PSV COLLEGE PLAYERS
EVALUATIONS & SELF EVALUATIONS
Soccer players get better by playing soccer. Its a fact. While many of our players concentrate on soccer as their sport of choice, we do have a number of players (primarily U13 and younger) who participate in multiple sports. Soccer is the primary sport of players at PSV Union and they continue to practice and play year-round while participating in other activities. We prefer single sport (Soccer only) players in the club because these players tend to experience accellerated improvement. Few multi-sport players older than 13 years of age excel in the game.
During the Winter training season, we are more flexible with practice attendance and players are able to incorporate other activities during this time. Winter is a great developmental season that is more flexible for those doing a second sport during this season. Some on players on rare occasions take the Winter season off but almost all players choose to continue during the Winter.
Players are required to be committed to the team during the league seasons and require players to continue to train on their own (homework) throughout the year, even if on a reduced schedule during the off-seasons (winter and summer). If players want to participate in additional activities, we try to work with every player who loves soccer and is committed to the game so that they can still participate at PSV Union .
We encourage the continuation of training throughout the year because long term development comes from consistent training and repetition. Almost every one of our players chooses to play year round (although some of our youngest players reduce practices during the Winter), and this has helped tremendously in players' development and acquisition of new skills, techniques and understanding of the game.
High School aged players have the option of playing Winter High School soccer with some opting to train with club during winter season to optimize their level of training and benefit from a focused and high level training environment and concentrate on developing essential high level skills.